Tropical and Relaxing outdoor living
Our Balinese huts with Bali-Thatched roofs set a beautiful natural ambience that can transform or add to any garden, landscape, backyard, resort, pool, spa, or entertaining area.
Bali Huts add a tropical feel to your garden and a significant value to any property, with a noticeably cooler area to escape that harsh summer heat!
Bali Hut unique features
- 75mm Thatch spacing
- Checked-in posts
- 40 Degree Pitch
- Class 4 Galvanised fixings
- 2 Coats of stain
- Thatch is plucked
- Thatch is Wet & Raked
- Optional treated pine or hardwood posts
- Export quality Thatch
- Installation by qualified Carpenter/Landscaper
- Customisable to any size
- Personalise with decks and steps,bamboo screens
Our team offers the best in Bali Hut designs
We are highly trained in the techniques that makes our Thatched roofs superior in quality and appearance. We can custom build your hut, Pavilion, outdoor room or Gazebo to suit your specific requirements or project. Our team consist of a fully qualified landscaper and carpenter team, who will ensure each job is constructed professionally and promptly.
Bali Huts Thatched roofs
To ensure we build the best Bali Hut structures we source quality materials. Our company directly imports Alang Alang grass Thatch from Indonesia. This Thatching is specifically made stronger and thicker for Australian conditions (Referred to as Export Quality).
It is made using a white string that is woven around the Alang Alang and onto a Bamboo stick. This Thatch can also be purchased in a certified fire retardant form which looks the same but has properties that will reduce the spread of flame and comply with Australian regulations.
Our Bali Thatch has been highly recognised as the best in the industry and as such leading organisations such as the Sydney Taronga Zoo has used our Products and Services in the new construction of their tiger viewing platform. We have also Re-thatched structures in and around the Elephant compound.
Our roofing frame timbers are constructed using premium grade H3, F7 LOSP Treated Pine. This is sourced from local Australian companies. The posts come in several different shapes and sizes to choose from. The standard post options are :
- 140 x 140 H4 treated pine
- 200 mm H4 round treated pine
- 200x 200 square Hardwood Ironbark posts
The Hardwood Ironbark is a class 1 for strength and durability and make for the perfect solid, chunky post under any Bali Hut!
When it comes to construction there are many vital steps we take to ensure the bali hut is built correctly
- We “Check in” our posts, meaning we take the time to cut out a section or step in the top of each post, then the perimeter beam is installed into the cut-out section ensuring the load from the roof frame is distributed evenly through the post. This is best carpentry practice which does not rely on screws to hold the beam up whilst looking neat and tidy.
- Where possible we construct our Thatched hipped roofs at 40 degrees. This is a huge factor for the longevity of the Thatch. The steeper roof ensures better drainage capabilities and also dramatically reduces the potential of Thatch damage caused by higher winds.
- We Thatch our Bali Hut roofs at 75mm Thatch spacing, combined with using our premium Thatch makes for a roof that will last longer and be more resistant to the elements. Thatch spacing is very important – We make sure your Hut is built to last.
- Thatch can sometimes wear quicker at the bottom so we space our first rows of Thatch closer ensuring a more durable hut.
- We pre-manufacture our hips to be thicker stronger and better looking
- We “ Wet and Rake “ your roof during construction. This guarantees a well groomed appearance (much like brushing your hair)
- We “pluck” the Internal Thatch. This process provides an internal Thatch that is straight and free of loose or daggy Thatch
- We use class 4 galvanised batten screws to construct the frame
- We seal the top of your Hut with 4 layers of Thatch and your choice of terracotta finish to complete it
- We stain our huts with 2 coats of top quality Haymes acrylic stain.
Bali Hut with Asphalt Shingle Roof
Are you looking for a Bali Hut with life long durability?
Our Premium Bali Hut with an Asphalt shingles Huts is what you have been looking for!
This is our very own Hybrid design, providing a long lasting solution to our clients, concerned with the longevity of Thatched roofs. We Thatch internally and place Asphalt Shingles externally.
A fantastic option for those who wish to maintain the tropical mood but want to have minimal maintenance!
Asphalt shingles are very durable with a life expectancy of 30+ years.
* OPTIONAL: Hardwood Posts
* Bali Huts are stained with 2 coats of premium, top of the range Haymes Simply woodcare Dexpress. By default we use a Merbau colour finish, but you can choose any other colour.
We do the best to build the best!