Asphalt Shingle Huts
Style & Durability in extreme weather
Asphalt Shingle Huts are designed for Australia’s extreme weather conditions. They will tolerate heavy rain, extreme heat and violent winds. Shingles look neat and tidy and have a life expectancy of up to 40 years.
Our Asphalt shingle huts provide a smart, clean cut, durable outdoor shade solution for any yard. They offer good insulation properties and can be an alternative to the Thatched Huts.
Asphalt Shingle Hut Features
- Withstand the harshest of all Australian conditions
- Durable and outlasts an ordinary Thatched Hut
- Clean high-end architectural look
- Fully Waterproof
- Australian treated pine frame
- Standard Ply finish stained in a choice of colours
- Customisable to any size
- Installation takes 1-2 days, depending on size and working conditions
- Personalise with decks, bamboo screens and steps
- When choosing a Hybrid Bali Hut built with a Asphalt Shingle roof, the extra thatch adds insulation/coolness
- Optional internal thatch
- Optional 200×200 hardwood ironbark post
- Asphalt Shingle Huts are stained with 2 coats of premium, top of the range Haymes Simply woodcare Dexpress. By default we use a Merbau colour finish, but you can choose any other colour.
Asphalt Shingle roofs
The Asphalt tiles will withstand 97km/h winds. The Shingles are made of fiberglass/asphalt material and are fixed to an A Bond construction ply which is attached to the rafters or battens. Before installation the ply board is covered with underlay for added protection and cooling.
Asphalt Shingle Huts look clean and tidy and are usually placed as shelter next to your pool, spa or BBQ area.
Bali/Asphalt Shingle Huts hybrid
For those people looking to repair or replace a worn thatched roof, we can now transform your old thatch roof into a neat and tidy looking asphalt shingle roof that will last a life time!
BEFORE Thatch Hut in Sydney and AFTER Hut Thatch is replaced with Shingles, in Sydney
Asphalt Shingle Huts have Bali Thatching internally and Asphalt Shingles externally, covering the entire roof.
This unique finish offers the spectacular internal Thatch look and a clean, durable, smart looking exterior roof that may appeal to the owners that are concerned with durability or do not want the shaggy Thatch look on the outside. When added with the internal Thatch, The shingle roof provides added insulation and coolness. Read More
The Bali Hut Shingle Roof Alternative to Thatch
Thatched roofs can be great because they give an exotic and tranquil appearance and feel to your garden structures. But if you live in an area that experiences high winds and frequent storms or are troubled by animal infestation, they can suffer damage and so you may want an alternative.
A shingle hut roof may be the perfect solution and can replace an existing roof or be installed as part of a new pool hut, gazebo, cabana or other garden structure. It is a smart alternative to a thatched roof and can still provide that rustic look.
Features and Benefits of Asphalt Shingles
Shingles can be provided in various sizes and shapes, although they are mostly rectangular. They are fitted as overlapping tiles to cover the whole roof and have several features and benefits:
- easy to install on new or existing structures of any size
- provide complete UV protection
- totally waterproof and allow effective rainwater run off
- give cool shade in summer and heat retention in winter due to high insulation properties
- no cleaning or maintenance is required
- prefect for all structure types and landscape features
- a natural and aesthetically pleasing appearance
- extremely durable, even in storms, high winds and extreme temperatures.
Get the Best Available Shingle Hut
Our shingle huts are fully customisable so come in any shape or size you need. They have an Australian treated pine frame and the roof comprises pine rafters, which are far superior to the traditional Balinese bamboo rafters, with a plywood base with synthetic underlay and the shingles nailed in place on battens. This gives a totally waterproof covering as well as shade from the sun, so the building is useable in all weather conditions. You also get a natural finish that requires virtually no maintenance
As well as supplying a complete structure that includes a shingle roof, we can re-roof any existing building, whatever its size and shape. The process involves the removal and disposal of the existing covering, making good the base and underlay, and nailing in place the shingles, so the roof is waterproof and resistant to damage from the strongest winds.
Our shingles are premium grade and have a life expectancy of forty years, far outlasting a thatched roof and much more durable with less maintenance required. They’re fully proven in Australian conditions and so can withstand high winds, violent storms, extreme heat and prolonged downpours without damage or losing their ability to protect and shade building occupants.
Whatever project you have in mind, whether a new building or re-roofing an existing one and whatever the size, shape or other characteristics, we can help. With a cleaner look than a thatched roof, asphalt shingles offer an alternative you should seriously consider. And with the option of internal thatching covered by asphalt shingles, you can combine an exotic interior with a practical and durable exterior for the best of both worlds. With our dedication to providing exactly what each customer wants, it’s entirely up to you.