Style & Durability in extreme weather
Asphalt Shingle Huts are designed for Australia’s extreme weather conditions. They will tolerate heavy rain, extreme heat and violent winds. Shingles look neat and tidy and have a life expectancy of up to 40 years.
Our Asphalt shingle huts provide a smart, clean cut, durable outdoor shade solution for any yard. They offer good insulation properties and can be an alternative to the Thatched Huts.
Asphalt Shingle Hut Features
- Withstand the harshest of all Australian conditions
- Durable and outlasts an ordinary Thatched Hut
- Clean high-end architectural look
- Fully Waterproof
- Australian treated pine frame
- Standard Ply finish stained in a choice of colours
- Customisable to any size
- Installation takes 1-2 days, depending on size and working conditions
- Personalise with decks, bamboo screens and steps
- When choosing a Hybrid Bali Hut built with a Asphalt Shingle roof, the extra thatch adds insulation/coolness
- Optional internal thatch
- Optional 200×200 hardwood ironbark post
- Asphalt Shingle Huts are stained with 2 coats of premium, top of the range Haymes Simply woodcare Dexpress. By default we use a Merbau colour finish, but you can choose any other colour.
Asphalt Shingle roofs
The Asphalt tiles will withstand 97km/h winds. The Shingles are made of fiberglass/asphalt material and are fixed to an A Bond construction ply which is attached to the rafters or battens. Before installation the ply board is covered with underlay for added protection and cooling.
Asphalt Shingle Huts look clean and tidy and are usually placed as shelter next to your pool, spa or BBQ area.
Bali/Asphalt Shingle Huts hybrid
For those people looking to repair or replace a worn thatched roof, we can now transform your old thatch roof into a neat and tidy looking asphalt shingle roof that will last a life time!
BEFORE Thatch Hut in Sydney and AFTER Hut Thatch is replaced with Shingles, in Sydney
Asphalt Shingle Huts have Bali Thatching internally and Asphalt Shingles externally, covering the entire roof.
This unique finish offers the spectacular internal Thatch look and a clean, durable, smart looking exterior roof that may appeal to the owners that are concerned with durability or do not want the shaggy Thatch look on the outside. When added with the internal Thatch, The shingle roof provides added insulation and coolness.