Exotic and Formal outdoor living
African Huts are built with Cape Reed Thatch and solid timber, perfect for creating tropical ambience. Whether you live in tropical Queensland or chilly Victoria, they make a structurally striking addition to landscapes.
Why choose an African Cape Reed Huts?
You may have noticed that romantic weddings with an exotic theme, often use African huts for outdoor features, embracing the mood, and are practical structures that can be used as background for photos, alters and catering. African Huts are more formal than a Bali Hut, but still provide the exotic feel to a very special occasion or a multi-use striking feature in your own backyard!
African Huts – FAQs
- Up to 10 Degrees cooler in summer and warmer in winter
- Eco friendly Thatched roof – Cape Reed grass
- Roof is set to a 35-40 degree pitch for durability
- Cape Reed Thatched roofs allow any trapped heat or moisture to escape due to its ability to breathe, being a natural product
- Waterproof for up to 10 years
- Australian treated pine frame
- Customisable to any size
- Installation takes 1 – 2 days in good working conditions, depending on size
- Personalise with decks, bamboo screens and steps
African Cape Reed Thatch roof
Thatch is made from African Cape Reed native to South Africa. Cape Reed is harvest and produces an easy to use tile which can be clipped, nailed or screwed to its frame.
The roof pitch of an African Hut is usually steeper at 35 – 40 degrees so the Thatch roof will last longer due to its greater drainage capabilities. This also reduces the potential of the damage done by strong winds.
* OPTIONAL: Hardwood Posts
* African Huts are stained with 2 coats of premium, top of the range Haymes Simply woodcare Dexpress. By default we use a Merbau colour finish, but you can choose any other colour.